Friday, November 15, 2013

Fall

Well, shoot it has been a whole month since I last blogged.  Jade celebrated her first *Halloween*, we showed love to the beautiful Briella for her first birthday, we went CAMPING, Geoff and I reminisced our wedding day 2 years ago, and our new little niece, Audrey Ann, came into the world.  It was a busy month.

Jade actually enjoyed wearing her Halloween costume.  I was surprised by this because she throws a fit anytime we try and dress her.  She giggled and played with her ears the whole time in her elephant suit.  We also carved pumpkins (read: ate pumpkin innards).

Briella turned ONE.  She is a walking, talking, generous little girl.  She shared her cards with Jade and her toys with Quinn.  Of course she kept the best presents for herself: tissue paper and boxes, yahoo!

Camping with an 8 month old was way better than I had expected.  It was really easy actually.  It was cold, but we kept our little bear bundled up warm.  She loved sitting by the fire and nursing, sleeping in the tent and nursing, watching the guys play corn hole and nursing, going on a hike and napping.  So long as my boobs are close, Jaden is a happy camper...literally.  She slept great and I did OK.  I was comfortable, but woke often because I worried she was too cold, too warm, or suffocating.  I did the usual checktoseeifmybabyisstillbreathing peeks and then went back to sleep.  Point is, we all survived.  I'm already excited about camping season next year!

Geoff and I just celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary on 11.12.13.  We spent a romantic afternoon at our special place, Rancho Bernardo Inn, relaxing and enjoying each other while grandmas took care of the babe.  It was a perfect evening remembering the rainy, intimate ceremony and bright reception.   I love you babe!

Lastly, but most importantly, Jen and Bryan welcomed their second daughter on November 13.  Audrey came out with a head of dark hair, unlike her big sister Quinn with her wispy blond tresses.  She is sweet and quiet and oh so lovable.  We are so excited to get to know this little girl. 

Hopefully it won't be another month before you hear from me again.  Next up, operation eat-a lot-of-food and enjoy family time.


 



 
xoxo,
 
ricki

No comments:

Post a Comment