Tuesday, June 10, 2014

We live!

Hi!  Hello.  Howdy.  We are still here.  I was listening to a talk radio show that discussed how we grossly underestimate how quickly things change and how rapid time passes.  If that is the case, I am in trouble because I feel that time is going so fast and our lives change daily.  Some days I just look for something that is a constant so that I can hold on to it for just a little bit longer.  Does that even make sense?  Probably not, but I am sure you know what I am saying.

Since we use this blog as a journal, I need to jot down a quick update.

~2 molars have broken through!  I am not sure how many teeth Jade has now, but I think it is around 10-12.  It is getting progressively harder to feel around in her mouth, as well as progressively more painful for mom and dad. (mostly mom)

~Jade started taking steps before her first birthday, but it was a few short weeks after that she really got the hang of it.  She runs in circles around the house.  We love watching her explore, except when in ends in a bumped head and tears.  I am pretty sure having a child is both good and bad for your heart.

~Jade is starting to mutter a few words.  Mostly unrecognizable, but every once in a while I hear something familiar.  On the flip side, she can moo, hoot, woof, roar, and quack like she belongs in the jungle.

~We traveled to NJ with a toddler!  We traveled back to CA with a toddler!  Phew!


I have been feeling crafty lately.  I want to paint rooms and things.  I want to learn how to take a good photograph.  I want to try a new recipe. As someone who generally enjoys routine, I am antsy to do something creative and inspiring...even if it is just for myself.  I feel like a better mom, a better wife, when I get to have 5 minutes to stop thinking about being a mom or a wife and just focus on something creative.  My goal this month is to find this time.  Make something or things.




No comments:

Post a Comment