Monday, November 26, 2012

week 24

We are now somewhere between 5 and 6 months pregnant.  24 weeks is feeling good!  Things are getting exciting.  Holidays are here and we've started looking at baby items to purchase.  We spent some time at Buy Buy Baby to see some baby necessities in person.  Between the stroller that opens and closes on its own and the one we couldn't get the car seat out of, we settled on something simple, safe, and light.  The options are overwhelming.  We made some of the big decisions, so now I need a break.  And by break, I mean to go buy baby tutus and leg warmers.  If anyone has any "must-haves", please share!


details, fun facts, and photos

Weight
My new weight is 128lbs.  This is the most I've ever weighed, so I am slowly embracing this new number.  I feel okay with it since I think I have 15-20 more pounds to go with about 4 months left. Getting dressed is becoming more complicated, both physically and emotionally.  I break a sweat putting on my pants (and socks and shoes and shirt) and I usually have to try on 2-3 shirts to find one that hasn't turned into a crop top.  Emotionally, finding something that I feel like looks good is time consuming.  I could easily throw on sweat pants and Geoff's t-shirt, but I wouldn't feel very good.  I want to flatter the bump, not mask it.  Right mamas?
Eat
My appetite is confused.  Some days I am starving all day and can't be satisfied, but most days my belly just feels full.  Often after I eat I feel like I am going to explode.  I don't think Jade likes it when I fill up my stomach or my bladder.  Oh and heart burn is a bitch.  I really want to have a glass of red wine, but it burns!
Sweat
Since my energy is up, I've been able to exercise a few times a week pretty consistently.  I'm out walking or hiking at least once or twice a week.  Pilates is the perfect way to stretch and get in some weight training.  I'd like to take some yoga classes and maybe even stop in at Pure Barre.  I'm hoping to keep walking and light weight training.  I think it's helping the sciatic nerve pain that shoots down my legs and the round ligament pain that makes me feel like I just rode a horse!  Let's go for a hike!
Sleep
I think it could be better.  I'm disappointed that I don't/can't sleep more because I know once Jade gets here it will be even less.  I am exhausted by 8PM and I wake up between 4AM and 6AM everyday.  Luckily these times work just fine with my lifestyle, so I am getting the sleep I need.  I wouldn't mind a few naps here and there!

Some people (including strangers) tell me I'm huge (really? HUGE?) and others say my belly is so small.  I think I'm just the right size!







xoxo,

howell family

1 comment:

  1. 128 is totally my happy weight. haha. ohh bodies. and yes, people looooove to tell you how big or small you are according to them. to which i say, shuttheeffupyoupersonyou! ;) you look perfectly pregnant. xo

    ReplyDelete