Friday, November 30, 2012

feeling blue for pink

We have been having an ultrasound every couple of weeks to monitor two things: my cervix length and Jade's head size.  Since Geoff had Craneo- Something, (a condition in which an infant's skull prematurely fuses by turning into bone, and thereby changing the growth pattern of the skull), we have to measure Jade's head to make sure it is growing.  Good news, it's growing!

I have a weakened/short cervix and Jade is hanging right at the exit hole, so we have to monitor to make sure she doesn't try and join this party early.  Well over the past couple of weeks my cervix has shortened, but recently it made a big enough jump to cause for slight concern.  From what I've been told 2.5cm is the scary place and today we are at 2.67.  Luckily, it is staying closed right now, but the doctor could see that my uterus is also contracting, so short story short, I have to go back every week.  I LOVE that I get to see my baby so often, but I also don't like feeling panicked and nervous every time I leave the doctor's office.  Up until today, it was just monitoring.  Now, I've been told no exercise until further notice.  Not even light walking!  I pretty much zoned out after that, but I heard something about the next step being progesterone to help seal my cervix shut. 

Jaden is healthy with a strong heart beat, so as long as she just stays put, all will be good.  I have been telling myself I should really slow down and take more time to rest and now with doctor's order, I'll have to. 


xoxo,

ricki & geoff

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry girl! But I'm glad to hear she is healthy and growing. All will be well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you need to hang out with me to encourage laziness!

    ReplyDelete