Monday, January 7, 2013

ten more weeks!

Up until this point I've been counting up, 10 weeks, 20 weeks, and so on.  Now that we have reached thirty weeks, I find myself counting down.  Baby Jade will hopefully be here in March, which could be 8 weeks or it could be 11 weeks, only she will decide when her birthday will be.



details, fun facts, and photos

Weight

My weight is still 133lbs.  Although I feel like we are having a growth spurt.  My belly feels full and tight.  Most days I find it difficult to breathe.  I think she is crushing some very important breathing organs.  Last week at work 2 co-workers kindly pointed out how "big" I'm getting.  And how I am starting to look "bloated".   I know these words are not meant in a negative way, rather as encouragement like "hey, look at you!  you're pregnant and growing.  keep up the good work!"
    
Eat

heart burn, heart burn, heart burn.  no room for my food.  period.

Sweat

I've been keeping up a light routine of pilates and walking.  Some days feels great and others I am just too exhausted.  We did an 8 mile hike a week ago and I felt amazing the whole way.   Afterwards, I felt like I was having a heart attack for days.  Not being able to do everything I used to has been the biggest challenge for me throughout my pregnancy.  I am naturally a high energy person who truly enjoys exercise.  Maybe some people can continue their routine through their pregnancy, but I found I had to drastically change my workouts.   The good news is, I sweat all the time, even when I am not working out.  That's just the pregnancy glow, right?

Sleep

As if. 

I think the nesting thing is starting to kick in.  I haven't really acted on much, but I think about it on the weekends.  I think I am ready to start buying things and making a space for our baby.  We have the room pretty well furnished from items we already had.  There is no theme, rather it's colorful and inviting.  The furniture will be brown and white.  I found this fun rug with colorful circles throughout.  We chose a peaceful grey glider and my mom has crocheted striped and circled blankets to add some pop.  The finishing touch will be a white crib, peaceful warm bedding, and some of our wedding doilies framed on the wall.  I have imagined a calming baby space that Jade will sleep long long nights in.  A girl can dream, right?

ace is insisting i do more yoga




happy monday,

ricki 

No comments:

Post a Comment