Wednesday, January 30, 2013

WEEK 33

From what I read, pregnancy being 9 months is a big fat lie.  Apparently 40 weeks really adds up to more than 9 months, WHAT?!  Either way, I don't really know if we are in our 7th month or 8th month, so I am just focusing on approximately 7 weeks to go.  (and keeping my fingers crossed for like 6 weeks to go)

I spent some time in Jade's room this past weekend.  It was really nice and peaceful.  Our glider arrived, which was the push I needed to go through the pile of clothes that our friends and family have so generously given us thus far.  I plan to wash everything before she arrives, but for now I just separated and folded it.  Here is what I found:

- she needs something to sleep in as a newborn
- i don't know the difference between a sleeper and some other sleeper-like clothing
- she doesn't have any pants until she is 9 months

We are going to choose a crib soon, which gets me excited about buying bedding.  Then, I realized that bedding=sheet.  I've read mixed opinions on the crib bumper...something about suffocating.  I don't want to suffocate my baby, but a crib with just a sheet sounds boring and bare.  I am also wondering if all crib mattresses are the same size?  Or can we get Jade a nice Cal King crib mattress?

My mind has been racing lately, so much so that I feel a bit frozen.  I feel like we have a list of things to do that out-number the days left before she arrives.  I feel really excited, but then I also get waves of...sadness?  It's really confusing, but I hope it passes soon.  There is no reason to feel anything but pure joy right now, amiright?  Is this nesting?

Eat

Cravings include fruits, but other than that nothing sounds appetizing.  Recently Jade has begun punching me in the stomach as I try and eat...so that's fun.  Oh, and I am really really thirsty all the time.  It's barely 9:30AM and I've already downed 3.5 bottles of water.

Sweat

I took Jaden for a swim last weekend and it was lovely.  I felt 27 lbs. lighter with less tension and pulling and stretching.   I've been sticking to yoga once a week with some light walking most days.  I'm hoping all this meditation and breathing I am practicing won't go out the window when that day comes. 

Sleep

I am so tired and exhausted all the time that it's frustrating.  I fall asleep instantly at night, but then my bladder or the cat or the heat or the baby or the youfillintheblank wakes me up.  My nights are usually 8 hours of interupted sleep, so I feel drowsy by 10AM.  I am not a very good napper, also, that's kind of frowned upon at work.

xoxo,

r



No comments:

Post a Comment