Thursday, October 25, 2012

the stars

Baby Girl  (we have a name! JMH) should be here sometime in March.  The current ETA is March 18, 2013.  This means she will either be a Pisces (if she comes by March 20th) or an Aries (if she comes March 21st or later).  You know me, I like to be prepared, so I did a little reading on these astrological signs to get an idea of what we are in for.   Aries is most like Geoff and I.  However, this would mean she would need to be like THREE days late.  You know me, I'm also very impatient.  

Geoff is a Virgo.  According to this sign's description, Virgos are critical and a bit picky, but its always for the good of others.  Virgo is ruled by Mercury and this God isn't one to sit still for long. (ummm...a blog about 2 people who can't sit still?)  Virgos are full of energy both mentally and physically.  You know Geoff, this man doesn't sleep!  The Virgo's element is Earth, which makes them grounded and easy-going. Virgos are compassionate and loyal.  He's the perfect partner...

I am a Sagittarius.  Sagittariuses are truth-seekers and wanderers.  We ask questions and talk to others to find our answer.  Sagittariuses look at the big picture and often like it when people agree with their point of view. (because I am always right. HA! JK! maybe...)  We Sags often speak our mind, sometimes too much.  My element is Fire which moves quickly and uncontrollably sometimes.  This could explain my impatience and my need to be productive.  You see, Geoff can be critical and then I just ask a million questions to make it even more complicated...then we go for a hike to satisfy Geoff's bundle of energy and my love for outdoor adventures.  We would be bored without each other.

Pisces vs. Aries
Pisces are known to be selfless, which I think is a admirable character. However, Aries are firey just like me, so of course I like that. Pisces are known to have lots of...feelings. I know feelings are important, but I prefer thoughts. It seems to me that Pisces are loving, caring, nurturing souls that carry the weight of others. I admire a Pisces because that's a lot to take on. Pisces is a pair of fish, which symbolizes "go with the flow". I like this characteristic because it reminds me of Geoff. He is grounded and easy going. I like this connection. I feel that Virgo and Pisces are more similar than Sagittarius and Pisces, but it sounds like it would be a good addition to our family. Either way, you know this little lady will totally be a daddy's girl.

 

Aries are known to be good leaders and are fearless.  They often feel comfortable in new situations and can be outgoing.   Aries are energetic and dynamic.  This also reminds me of Geoff, so I am liking this connection too.  Aries can be impulsive (impatient?) and can be blunt (talk too fast and say too much?).  Aries are bold and courageous.  They are independent and enthusiastic.  Their element is Fire, like mine!  They are eager and take action. I think Aries is a good combination of Geoff and I.  Of course, we will encourage her to be her own person, to be compassionate and strong.  No matter what her sign, she will be supported and nurtured into making her own path.

What will it be?

This was a fun exercise!  
 
Baby Bump Update- 19 weeks



I never know what to do with my arms.

xoxo,

ricki&geoff&jmh


1 comment:

  1. I'm a pisces. :) Though, I'm not sure if that makes you feel any better...
    But, yay for a March baby girl!

    ReplyDelete